After almost a month of wrestling with making this sweater do what it just doesn’t want to do, take out the fork.
So I spent pretty much all afternoon gauging and swatching, sketching, math-ing and stitch hunting.
I made 2 pairs of leg warmers around christmas time with an embossed leaf motif, and I really love it. Not to repeat a pattern TOO much, but I think it will lend itself as a nice detail to the sleeves. By the way, it’s going to be kimono-ish. This design has been in my head for a couple of years now, so it must mean I must make it happen.
I’m not sure what to do about the yarn though, I think I just hate this yarn! I’m in a big indecisive-ness rut lately, and frankly, I’m growing tired of it. Sometimes my ambition (and lack of) get the better of me. There wasn’t even a good learning experience in here, unless you want to count the fact that I already knew but did it anyway and should listen to myself the next time. But that would be telling me to quit and give up, in which had I just struggled a bit more, something might have given way and came out really neat!
So the kim-oh-no. Simple! (except the fact that I can’t leave anything be, and have to insert something in there that just doesn’t want to work, thereby re-inducing stress).
I just thought I would post and admit defeat. Hopefully my KP order comes in today. Maybe the gauge will be better with that yarn- Le SIGH.